Advanced Green Roof Maintenance is a three and a half hour course that explores green roof maintenance considerations from the design phase through post-establishment. Learn how to: design and budget to facilitate maintenance; develop maintenance plans and inspection reports that work in concert with warranty requirements; perform common maintenance procedures; and rehabilitate green roofs that have been subject to maintenance neglect.
Advanced Green Roof Maintenance Includes:
- Access to the Advanced Green Roof Maintenance course (3.5 hours)
- A 100 page resource manual, in either digital or hard-copy format
- A certificate of course completion, upon request
- Understand the impact that design decisions have on green roof maintenance requirements.
- Gain an understanding of the major reasons to invest in a maintenance program.
- Understand common maintenance challenges and how to address them.
- Learn how to budget for maintenance and develop a maintenance plan.
- Learn how to diagnose problems on a green roof.
Advanced Green Roof Maintenance Overview:
Module 1 | Maintenance Design, Planning, & Budgeting
- Design, Installation, & Maintenance
- Detailed Maintenance Planning & Budgeting
- Special Considerations for Working on a Roof
Module 2 | Maintenance Procedures, Plant Care & Irrigation
- Maintenance Proceedures
- Irrigation & Fertilizer
- Additional Plant & Growing Medium Care
- Diagnosing Problems & Diagnostic Tools
- Irrigation Systems
Module 3 | Contracts, Warranties, & Case Studies
- Contractor Approaches
- Contracting Maintenance
- Case Studies
Continuing Education Credits
This course is approved for 3.5 Continuing Education Credit for GRPs.
Bailey Wiebe is a horticultural expert, and instructor for Advanced Green Roof Maintenance. Bailey joined GinkgoRoofs in the Spring of 2016 as a Green Roof Maintenance Technician and shortly thereafter moved into the Maintenance Manager position. As Manager of the Maintenance Division, Bailey co-ordinates daily operations and performs green roof maintenance. Bailey has extensive horticultural experience and operated her own landscaping business before coming to GinkgoSustainability. When not on the roof, the Manitoba native can be found spending time with her dozy dog, watching baseball, and travelling.