Green Roof Waterproofing & Drainage is part two of the three-part Green Roof Professional (GRP) Training series. This course will provide you with an overview of waterproofing and drainage construction and maintenance for green roof assemblies. It lays out technical vocabulary, materials, and presents detailed design solutions and implementation best management practices for waterproofing and drainage in green roofs. Insight into the latest industry developments and research findings is provided, with reference to relevant project examples and green roof case studies.While this course can be taken alone, the material presented here can also be used in preparation for the GRP Accreditation Exam.
- Unlimited access to Green Roof Waterproofing & Drainage
- Access to the Green Roof Waterproofing & Drainage Digital Resource Manual
- Certificate of completion
- Facilitate communication between the teams involved in green roof design and implementation.
- Establishing basic roofing terminology.
- Identify the performance criteria of green roof elements.
- Understand waterproofing design practices for green roofs.
- Determine factors that affect successful green roof waterproofing design and installation.
- Understand how to diagnose common problems with green roofs in order to remedy them.
This course is approved for 7.5 AIA/GRP, 7 ASLA, and 5.25 APLD CEUs.
"As someone new to this field I came out of it with an excellent understanding of green roof design and installation techniques. The combination of lectures, materials and forum discussions was very effective."
- Julia Hitz, Bronx River Alliance
William “Bill” Foley has worked in the construction industry for over 25 years. In June 2014, Bill re-joined ZinCo-USA as their Mid-Atlantic Regional Manager. Previously he worked with ZinCo-USA as an independent representative in 2006-8.
Bill promotes water and energy efficient design employing green roof infrastructure, combined green roof photovoltaic systems and other technologies related to sustainable infrastructure. He has authored several articles appearing in Applicator magazine (published by the Sealant Waterproofing Restoration Institute), Interface magazine (Roofing Consultants Institute) and the Living Architecture Monitor. Since 2003, Bill has been directly involved in the advancement of green roofing through project specification, design consultation and installation oversight.
In 2009, Bill earned certification from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEB) in PV Solar. He also passed the Green Roof Professional (GRP) certification test. In 2013, he earned his LEED™ Green Associate designation. His ongoing industry association affiliations include DVGBC, ASLA, Construction Specifications Institute (CSI) and GSI Partners of the Sustainable Business Network in Philadelphia.
StartWaterproofing Design Considerations (31:39)
StartWaterproofing Assemblies (14:58)
StartRoof Deck and Membrane Considerations (20:19)
StartSpecial Considerations - Sloped Roofs and Water Features (14:42)
StartModule 1 Quiz