As our cities grow and communities become increasingly paved over, the amount of impervious surfaces has increased dramatically. This increase in impervious surfaces contributes to a variety of stormwater related issues such as groundwater pollution, combined sewer overflows, and increased stress on aging infrastructural systems. Green roofs do an exceptional job and reintroducing resilience and adaptability through the renaturalization of constructed spaces and managing stormwater at the source, before it hits the ground.
- Unlimited access to Stormwater Management on Green Roofs
- Certificate of completion
- How do green roofs manage stormwater
- What factors influence a green roof's ability to manage stormwater
- What are different green roof design options that influence stormwater management
- Learn how green roofs act as a stormwater best management practice and how each green roof component can potentially influence a green roof's ability to manage water.
This course is approved for 1 AIA, ASLA, GRP and 0.5 APLD CEUs.
Rohan has spent the past six years working on breaking down barriers to the widespread use of living green infrastructure across North America, developing and delivering training programs, tools and resources, and analysis. His focus has largely been on green infrastructure performance, costs, and benefits, and his analyses have helped lead to the passage of Denver’s citizen-led Green Roof Initiative and improvements to Toronto’s Eco-Roof Incentive Program. He is the lead behind the adaptation of the Green Roof Training Professional Program for Singapore, and for the Living Architecture Performance Tool rating system for green roofs and walls.