Top 10 World-Changing Blue-Green Infrastructure Designs to Cool our Warming Planet
Join Linda Velazquez of greenroofs.com for her CitiesAlive Philadelphia 2022 presentation Top 10 World-Changing Blue-Green Infrastructure Designs to Cool our Warming Planet. Which greenroof, greenwall, living shores, and other green infrastructure projects, systems, and technologies are best handling climate-induced storm events and which cities are best planning long-term responses to disasters dealing with a flooded future? From Naturalizing the City: Rewilding to Create Biodiversity to Beyond Net Zero: Toward a Carbon-Removal Economy to Sponge Cities & Parks, Linda Velazquez examines the top 10 projects seeking to innovate climate mitigation from across the world. The opportunities and implementations for sustainability and resilience are endless.
- Become familiar with the latest design trends in living architecture dealing with climate induced stormwater issues.
- Regarding built projects, understand highlights of the project drivers and the design process.
- If conceptual, understand the design inspiration and local context - feel the energy of the designer!
- Learn which global cities are using new, avant-garde applications and embodying leadership - while literally building a better (living) future.
- As usual, be dazzled and inspired by the amazing projects and have fun!
Linda S. Velazquez, ASLA, LEED AP, GRP is the founder and publisher of Greenroofs.com (1999). She holds a Bachelor’s of Landscape Architecture from the University of Georgia (2000), has been published in numerous books and journals and is principal of Sky Gardens Studio (2004).