Urban Agriculture Virtual Symposia 2022
Technology, Design And Planning
Our current climate demonstrates the need for strong local economies and resilient solutions. Urban agriculture is a productive form of green infrastructure that supports local economies, creates jobs, improves access to fresh produce, and increases biodiversity. GRHC brings together urban and rooftop agriculture experts to share the benefits and challenges around urban agriculture to advocate for green roof and policy implementation and drive the industry forward.
Gain a holistic understanding of green roof substrates and the hydrological impact of productive green roofs with Jeremy Wright from Zinco Canada. Learn how agrivoltaics are redefining urban agriculture with Jennifer Bousselot and explore the compelling case study with Roxanne Miller of the award winning IGA's rooftop farm project - the first grocery store rooftop garden in Canada!
- Unlimited access to Urban Agriculture Virtual Symposium 2022 recordings
- Certificate of completion
- Eric Durnford, Director of Business Development, Green Roofs for Healthy Cities
Introduction to the Future: Rooftop Agrivoltaics
- Jennifer Bousselot, Ph.D., GRP, Assistant Professor of Horticulture, Colorado State University
Productive Green Roofs and the Opportunity for Water Re-use
- Jeremy Wright, MASc, Business Development and Project Manager, Zinco Canada Inc
Avling Brewery Rooftop Farm: Case Study
- Max Meighen, Founder of Avling Brewery and Serviette Magazine
- Question & Answer
Award Winning IGA Duchemin's Rooftop Farm: A Case Study
- Roxanne Miller, Directrice SOPRANATURE® Canada
Why on Earth Grow Vegetables on a Roof?
- Mark Winterer, Director of Operations, Recover Green Roofs, LLC
The Economics of Successful Rooftop Farming
- Steven W. Peck, GRP, Hon. ASLA, Founder & President of Green Roofs for Healthy Cities
- Question & Answer
- David Yocca
- Henry Gordon-Smith, Agritecture
- Michelle Lalonde, Avling Brewery
These conference recordings are approved for 4 AIA, ASLA, and GRP HSW CEUs
Green Roofs for Healthy Cities (GRHC) - North America Inc. is a non-profit 501(c)(6) professional industry association working to grow the green roof and wall industry throughout North America since 1999.