The benefits of green infrastructure (like urban trees, rain gardens, and green roofs) are well known, but difficult to value. This difficulty creates an obstacle, where green infrastructure is often not considered when making important investment and asset management decisions. The goal of this course is to help individuals, especially those in the public sector, to value the benefits provided by green infrastructure in their communities.
- Unlimited access to Valuing the Benefits of Green Infrastructure
- Access to the Valuing the Benefits of Green Infrastructure Digital Resource Manual
- Certificate of completion
- Understand the range of cost & benefits possible using different types of green infrastructure
- Learn the principles behind economic valuation of these costs & benefits
- Understand the methods used to monetarily value the benefits of green infrastructure
- Learn how to apply these methods to generate values for the benefits of planned and existing green infrastructure in your community
- Learn how to utilize these valuations to educate decision makers about the benefits of green infrastructure protection, development, maintenance and management
This course is approved for 1.25 AIA, APLD, ASLA, and GRP CEUs.
Rohan has spent the past six years working on breaking down barriers to the widespread use of living green infrastructure across North America, developing and delivering training programs, tools and resources, and analysis. His focus has largely been on green infrastructure performance, costs, and benefits, and his analyses have helped lead to the passage of Denver’s citizen-led Green Roof Initiative and improvements to Toronto’s Eco-Roof Incentive Program. He is the lead behind the adaptation of the Green Roof Training Professional Program for Singapore, and for the Living Architecture Performance Tool rating system for green roofs and walls.